Re: [jats-list] Archive-It content in BITS

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Archive-It content in BITS
From: "Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 02:37:15 -0000
Hello Ravit,

Could you say more about your use case?

As I understand it, the recommendations published by OCLC that you site
below are for creating descriptive metadata about archived websites,
such as those preserved in the Wayback Machine or another web archive,
perhaps using Archive-It.  One of the metadata elements that you might
want to describe about an archived webpage is who collected that website
-- which the WAM recommendations call a "Collector".

But why would you want to store metadata about archived webpages in BITS?

Kevin

On 4/30/20 9:45 AM, Ravit David ravit.david@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Hope you are all well.
>
> I have a question about an element that is recommended for content
> that is curated via Archive-It.
> As per OCLC recommendation

<https://www.oclc.org/content/dam/research/publications/2018/oclcresearch-wam
-recommendations.pdf>