[jats-list] Archive-It content in BITS

Subject: [jats-list] Archive-It content in BITS
From: "Ravit David ravit.david@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 14:45:56 -0000
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well.

I have a question about an element that is recommended for content that is
curated via Archive-It.
As per OCLC
recommendation<https://www.oclc.org/content/dam/research/publications/2018/oc
lcresearch-wam-recommendations.pdf>  the element "COLLECTOR" definition is:
"The organization responsible for curation and stewardship of an archived
website or collection. Use Collector for the organization that selects the web
content for archiving, creates metadata and performs other activities
associated with ownership of a resource. Stated another way, this is the
organization that has taken responsibility for the archived content, although
the digital files are not necessarily stored and maintained by this
organization (collections harvested using Archive-It are a prominent
example)." (pg 17)

My question then is how do i represent "collector" in BITS?
I was thinking of doing something like what's in the BITS examples but
collab-type = institution doesn't sit well, does it?
 wondering if folks have different ideas.

<contrib-group>
<contrib contrib-type="collector">
<collab collab-type="institution">University of Toronto Libraries</collab>
</contrib>

Thank you in advance,
Ravit

Ravit H. David, Ph.D.