[jats-list] Trouble accessing JATS DTD URLs

Subject: [jats-list] Trouble accessing JATS DTD URLs
From: "Lizzi, Vincent vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 16:53:26 -0000
Hello,

Is anyone else currently having trouble accessing the site that hosts the
public JATS DTDs? Over the past few days I've seen and been told about
problems and slowdowns parsing XML that references the public JATS DTDs in the
DOCTYPE URL. Here is one of the error messages:

"Unknown host 'jats.nlm.nih.gov'"

This problem is happening intermittently with XML that contains, for
instance:

<!DOCTYPE article
  PUBLIC "-//NLM//DTD JATS (Z39.96) Journal Archiving and Interchange DTD with
OASIS Tables with MathML3 v1.2 20190208//EN"
"https://jats.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/1.2/JATS-archive-oasis-article1-mathml3.d
td">

I have XML Catalogs configured to resolve DOCTYPE URLs to a local copy of the
DTD, which have been unchanged and working up until now. Even with the XML
Catalog configuration in place I'm encountering this problem.

Thanks,
Vincent

Vincent M. Lizzi
Head of Information Standards | Taylor & Francis Group
530 Walnut St., Suite 850, Philadelphia, PA 19106
E-Mail: vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.tandfonline.com

Taylor & Francis is a trading name of Informa UK Limited,
registered in England under no. 1072954

Information Classification: General