[jats-list] Primary Corresponding author

Subject: [jats-list] Primary Corresponding author
From: "Robert O'Donnell odonner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 13:38:42 -0000
Hi - Any suggestions on tagging a *primary* corresponding author (CA)? We
identify primary CAs in our submission and production systems, and use that
info for many purposes, including read & publish deal billing, proof delivery,
etc. In the final version of an article, we allow multiple authors to be
tagged for correspondence using @corresp="yes". Of course, this makes it
impossible to identify the *primary* corresponding author. As read & publish
deal eligibility based on the primary corresponding author's affiliation grows
in use, reporting via JATS on platforms like the OA Switchboard becomes
increasingly inaccurate. Same goes for JATS XML ingested by Dimensions,
CHORUS, etc. So it's becoming increasingly important to distinguish the
primary CA. We also need for Crossref to start identifying CAs in general, and
hopefully when they do, if primary CAs are tagged distinctly in JATS, Crossref
metadata will reflect this.

Thoughts and suggestions? Is such an enhancement already in the works?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob O'Donnell
Director of Publishing Technologies
+1.212.327.8545
Rockefeller University Press
950 Third Avenue, Floor 2, New York, NY 10022
rupress.org | jcb.org | jem.org | jgp.org | lsajounral.org