Re: [jats-list] Primary Corresponding author

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Primary Corresponding author
From: "Robert O'Donnell odonner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 15:12:43 -0000
Thanks, all. Tommie b I will add the suggestion. I think that this hasn't
come up before because there haven't been use cases, but with Read & Publish,
that has changed.

Nikos b I like the idea of <xref rid="..." ref-type="corresp"
specific-use="primary">. It just needs to somewhat if a standard practice so
that any organization using the XML knows what to look for. Perhaps this can
be incorporated into the JATS4R Authors and affiliations recommendation. I'm
going to suggest that.

Pieter b I'm glad to hear that you too have been thinking about this. While
I agree that "primary author" could work, I think deals and universities, as
you mention, have adopted the term corresponding. I'd be reluctant to try to
change what is already in use and already in signed agreements. I'd also be
slightly concerned that authors could be confused/upset that "primary" might
be perceived as more important than senior author.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob O'Donnell
Director of Publishing Technologies
+1.212.327.8545
Rockefeller University Press
950 Third Avenue, Floor 2, New York, NY 10022
rupress.org | jcb.org | jem.org | jgp.org | lsajounral.org