Re: [niso-sts] Encoding Bibliography

Subject: Re: [niso-sts] Encoding Bibliography
From: "Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <niso-sts-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 16:41:43 -0000
Hello DorothC)e b

It will take this community some time to develop best practices.

It seems to me that the most semantically specific markup available is
generally best. Since there is an element (<ref-list>) specific to your use
and it is available in the location you want to put the bibliography, I
suggest that you should use it.

<sec sec-type=bbiblb> is available for those instances where there are
bibliographies in other locations in the document. For example, some very
large standards have bibliographies at the end of each major section/chapter,
and I have heard that there are some standards that have bibliographies in
other places in the body of the text.

b Tommie

<niso-sts-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I have a question about how to best encode the Bibliography as part of the
back matter.
> To me, the most logical thing to do is use <sec> with @sec-type=bbiblb.
Now I see in the NISO documentation of <sec> that it should be used as
follows:
> 	b" Within the back matter (<back>) to tag material that has not been
explicitly named as one of the other back matter components, that is, it is
not named as an annex (<app>), an acknowledgment (<ack>), a bibliography
(<ref-list>), etc.

> I am now confused. Should the bibliography always be encoded using
<ref-list>, as it is also currently done by ISO using the ISOSTS? If so, why
do we even have an @sec-type=bbiblb?