Re: More XSL Discussion

Subject: Re: More XSL Discussion
From: Sean Mc Grath <digitome@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:23:50 GMT
>You've got a tool that does the report generation you need. Why does
>that language have to be a "standard" for it to be useful?

Of course it doesn't need to be standardized in order to be useful.

However, using a standardized language makes it less of an
issue if I go under a bus and someone else has to pick up my
stuff and run with it.

We do a lot of work with data-entry bureaus. I would love
to be able to send those guys QA scripts as well as
stylesheets. It would make my life a lot easier if I could
just say "it is in XSL. Get yourself an XSL processor". Rather
than fight with installations of perl, python or whatever.