Re: More XSL Discussion

Subject: Re: More XSL Discussion
From: Sean Mc Grath <digitome@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:23:47 GMT
At 08:53 26/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Sean Mc Grath wrote:
>>
>> Eh? I *want* that rule to trigger over an over again. I want the
>> text of each title occuring in a sect1 element under a chapter element!
>
>You don't want it to trigger 100 times, or 1000 times per title, in
>totally random order, do you? DSSSL/XSL implementors can execute
>construction rules as often as they want in whatever order they feel
>like.

Now you have me worried! Can you please explain this? Lets say I have
a really simple stylesheet. One construction rule for title elements. That
is all - no fancy selects or modes or stuff. Just this:

<xsl>
<rule>
<target-element type = "title">
<DIV>
<children/>
</DIV>
</rule>
</xsl>

My document has 10 title elements. If I understand you correctly
you are saying

1) This construction rule might be executed 1000 times
2) The order in which the title elements in my document are
processed is random.

I don't get it:-(