Re: Interactive XML

Subject: Re: Interactive XML
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:57:13 -0500
Martin Bryan wrote:
> There also needs to be a mechanism for non-programmers to be able to control
> the process.
> ECMAScript could be enhanced to provide a useful halfway house between Java
> and XSL, though at present I am uncertain it is adequate for forms control
> as it has no input/output controls, which will be vital to link forms to
> other applications.

ECMAScript is designed to be extended. It has essentially no input/output
for roughly the same reason that XML has no "bold" command. It is the
application's job to add that. Just as an XML application can add a <B>
element, an ECMAScript implementation can add an "open a socket to a
remote server" function.

Three things trust above all else: Your knowledge of your craft
That someone turns a profit, and that you will get the shaft
http://www.geezjan.org/humor/computers/threes.html