Re: Interactive XML

Subject: Re: Interactive XML
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:31:17 -0500
Pawson, David wrote:

> DP: Our need is to access each element content and apply contractions prior
> formatting and layout with XSL. This is to permit words to be replaced by
> abbreviated ASCII representations for braille.
> DSSSL does this very nicely thank you, using scheme.

ECMAScript can do anything that DSSSL's expression language, given the
same standard library. Typically the ECMAScript version will be more
readable to the typical programmer because it uses a more conventional
syntax and less constrained ("side-effect-free") data model.

Three things trust above all else: Your knowledge of your craft
That someone turns a profit, and that you will get the shaft
http://www.geezjan.org/humor/computers/threes.html