Re: Language choice (was: Re: Interactive XML)

Subject: Re: Language choice (was: Re: Interactive XML)
From: Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Jul 1998 16:22:20 +0200

  >    Hey, I like Scheme, but I'll also admit that my eyes hurt if I look
  > at it for too long.  It's not the friendliest language out there.
  > But, it's damn well suited to the task.  So, people want an HTML-ish
  > looking style language?  Standardize a mapping of HTML-ish syntax to
  > standard DSSSL!

But that's (almost) what xslj does!  (xslj requires some minor
modifications to DSSSL, IIRC, but possibly these will be rolled into
the standard.)

xslj translates an XSL stylesheet to an equivalent DSSSL `program'.
Including the EcmaScript stuff...

kai
--
You ate somebody? -- Just a leg. -- That's terrible! -- Not with mustard.
(Terry Pratchett: Interesting Times)