Re: Beginners question: Koala XSL-Engine and <xsl:process select>

Subject: Re: Beginners question: Koala XSL-Engine and <xsl:process select>
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:14:50 -0400 (EDT)
[Tyler Baker]
> This of course makes sense if XSL is supposed to be able to handle
> nodes other than just element nodes.  I guess this all boils down to
> whether XSL should just be something for content transformations or
> something much more complex which handles comments, PI's, and all of
> that other stuff that for the most part has nothing to do with
> presentation.

I'd like you to come tell my production editors that PIs have nothing
to do with presentation.  They're exactly where information like
page-breaks belong.

The current draft says:

     Issue (pattern-pi-target): Should it be possible to have a
     pattern that matches a processing instruction?

I think that it should, and I think that it'll probably go that way.

-Chris