Re: Beginners question: Koala XSL-Engine and <xsl:process select>

Subject: Re: Beginners question: Koala XSL-Engine and <xsl:process select>
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:51:33 -0400 (EDT)
At 22 Oct 1998 20:13 -0400, Steve Dahl wrote:
 > But if the "/" node is distinct from the document element, as in the
 > current XSL WD, I can easily write one XSL script for all possible
 > documents based on my DTD. The "/" rule will simply generate the HTML
 > boilerplate and call <xsl:process-children/>, and separate "book" and
 > "chapter" rules will handle their respective element types, without
 > having any hardcoded knowledge that they are or are not at the top.

I've done it, and it works:

  <xsl:template match="/">
      <head>
	<title>
	  <xsl:value-of expr="/*/title"/>
	</title>
      </head>
	<xsl:process-children/>
  </xsl:template>

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632