Re: Stepping back, for a moment...

Subject: Re: Stepping back, for a moment...
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:27:53 GMT
> But assuming we do want the w3 organization to resolve this, what's
> the alternative [to taking a vote]?

Just ask them nicely? :-)

I'm not sure if all the XSL Working Group members are signed up to this
list, probably some of them are (and if not they could be pointed at the
archives) so W3C and its working groups can be made aware of discussion
and viewpoints from potential users. I just think that a vote as such is
not necessarily helpful as it gives a misleading impression.  Perhaps a
majority will vote one way or the other but since it is not clear what
it is a majority _of_ I would not know how to interpret the results.  Of
course I wouldn't like to give the impression that I believe that benign
dictatorship is a better form of government than democracy...

David