Re: XSL : Another question

Subject: Re: XSL : Another question
From: Anders Kristensen <ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 18:33:26 +0000

Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Not sure how relevant it is (and I apologies for the vaguest of pointers),
> but I have run across work serialising Java (along with other languages),
> and that might be relevant to any atempt in the suggested area.
>
> I *think* it was something Allaire was working on to broaden the scope of
> Coldfusion, so it might be worth checking http://www.allaire.com
>
> Of course if I'm wide of the mark, just ignore me :)

You may be thinking of this thing they call WDDX:

http://www.allaire.com/handlers/index.cfm?ID=5624&Method=Full&PageCall=/developer/index.cfm

>From the FAQ:
  Q: What is WDDX?
  A: WDDX is an XML-based technology that enables the exchange of
complex data between Web programming languages. WDDX consists of a
language-independent representation of data based on an XML 1.0 DTD, and
a set of modules for a wide variety of languages that use WDDX. WDDX can
be used with HTTP, SMTP, POP, FTP and other Internet protocols that
support transferring textual data.

I don't really think this is related to the XML GUI formatting object
idea, though.

--
Anders Kristensen <ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/ak/