Re: Getting Started with XSL

Subject: Re: Getting Started with XSL
From: Edd Dumbill <edd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 18:48:22 +0000
Nigel Byrnes wrote:

> Hi
>
> As a relative newcomer to the wonderful world of XSL, I would
> like to ask for your advice. My project requires XML content to
> be published in a formatting markup language (like HTML).
> Trouble is: I am having great trouble getting started. So can
> you tell me what (in terms of XSL style sheet, which XSL
> processor, etc) is required to get
>
> <simple_message>Hello world</simple_message>
>
> formatted for presentation in HTML, for example.
>
> Apologies if my question is going over (potentially)
> well-trodden ground, but this was a topic which I couldn't find
> answers to on the web or in the XSL-archive.

Hi.  I had the same problem and hacked around until I achieved something
that worked!

The best place to start is with James Clark's XP and XT.
I've got some examples of my own doctypes & XSL stylesheets at
http://www.heddley.com/edd/about.html, along with links to the XSL-WD
(very  useful) and James Clark's site.

My stuff is all "first-pass" so I'm sure XML/XSL veterans could find
fault with it, but it seems to work OK for me :-)

> Thanks
>
> Nigel

regards

Edd