Re: syntax feedback

Subject: Re: syntax feedback
From: Chris Lilley <chris@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:20:46 +0100

Oren Ben-Kiki wrote:

> Daniel GLAZMAN <daniel.glazman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yeah... So why does XSL reinvent the wheel and not reuse CSS
> > selectors' syntax ? Why those ugly xsl:then and BLA $eq$ "sdfv" ?
> > Why position qualifiers using negative integers in order to say 'last
> > one' ? Berk !!!!
>
> Because CSS syntax is not XML. I think that the XSL syntax is reasonable
> given the XML constraint.

Lets not compare apples and oranges here.

If (from the August draft)

  <xsl:template
match="list[attribute(ordered)='yes')]/item[first-of-type()]">

is XML syntax - which it is - then so is

<xsl:template match="list[ordered='yes'] &gt; item">

Either way, you need to parse the attributes specially.

--
Chris