RE: alternating tags in a list?

Subject: RE: alternating tags in a list?
From: "Lawton, Scott" <slawton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 12:44:42 -0500
> From: Paul Prescod [mailto:paul@xxxxxxxxxxx]

> My guess is that inline ECMAScript will:

>  * reduce the number of actual XSL implementations,

Whatever the merits of your other reasons, I don't think this one is
compelling.  For better or worse, ECMAScript is already a standard and
browsers already implement it.  As to new processors, there's a free Java
implementation of ECMAScript available and it's quite easy to wire up.  (I'm
a Java novice and I was able to get it working on a Mac without problems.)

> Why mess
> up the nice declarative properties of the XSL stylesheet when
> the feature
> you want is already available and well specified?

To many of us, the current syntax is anything but "nice".  But that's
another thread ("syntax feedback").

Scott

(as always, speaking only for myself)