Re: alternating tags in a list?

Subject: Re: alternating tags in a list?
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 09:34:48 -0600
Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> It is, of course, possible to have a program that 100% reliably parses
> TeX code and emits text in other formats. You simply take the TeX code
> and extend it! Omega is an example of this - it has a mode in
> which it writes out math expressions as MathML, and it can naturally
> parse any TeX, because it *is* TeX.[1]

My understanding is that TeX document can (e.g.) draw an oval that touches
all corners of the page or (e.g.) insert the current date and PGP encrypt
it. True or false? If true, how do we convert that to MathML?

This also leads to the word-break problem. Even if we define words
rigorously, the output of the program can depend on the runtime
environment.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Sports utility vehicles are gated communities on wheels" - Anon