RE: alternating tags in a list?

Subject: RE: alternating tags in a list?
From: "Lawton, Scott" <slawton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:50:51 -0500
> Please remember that not all styling runs in browsers. And even in the
> browser arena, ECMAScript isn't the only language in play.
>
> The Right Answer would be an API that allows _multiple_ languages to be
> plugged in

I agree.  A subtle variation: ECMAScript should be required (or at least
strongly recommended) so that people have a widely available target to shoot
for; but any language should be allowed.

But, it seems like XSL is not headed in this direction.  I've started
working on an alternative but won't have anything worth showing until early
next year.

Scott

(as always, speaking only for myself)

P.S. The free ECMAScript interpreter is at
http://home.worldcom.ch/~jmlugrin/fesi/