Re: FW: XSL with scripting

Subject: Re: FW: XSL with scripting
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:08:22 +0000
Hi.

I obviously can't speak for Keith :) But I can relay how I'm currently
working with XML/XSL.

Using IIS I am generating both the XML and XSL via ASP, allowing me to
populate the XML with data from a DB (ObjectStore), and with the XSL
largely static. The only reason why the XSL is being generated is to allow
me to use global site-wide constants for things like colour, column sizes
etc., set from an include file.

The tranformation is done on the server-side delivering HTML to IE4/5.

As you pointed out in a previous post, for quite some time, XSL is going to
live largely on the server *not* the client. For this reason, I still
maintain the W3C has to pay more attention to what is currently occuring in
server-side Web development... but that's for another thread :)

Cheers
     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 12/20/98 06:20:36 PM