Re: XSL with scripting

Subject: Re: XSL with scripting
From: Daniel GLAZMAN <daniel.glazman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 12:13:48 +0100
Chris Lilley answered to Paul Prescod :

> > Users ceded control of their standards from organizations they could
> > control -- such as the IETF and ISO -- to organizations that they could
> > not -- such as the W3C.

Warf ! New Years's joke ?-)

> Keep telling yourself that, Paul ;-) While you are at it, go to
> www-style and tell the folks there that they had no influence on CSS.
> Your black-and-white arguments are a little oversimplified for my taste.

I am not W3C staff and agree 1500% with Chris. Check W3C web site and
find the last NOTE from Bert Bos about possible CSS extensions. Most
of the content of this document comes from users' suggestions posted
to www-style or ciwas newsgroup.

Most of W3C WGs members also follow the comp.infosystems.* Usenet
newsgroups and I have always seen interesting postings forwarded to
w3c mailing lists. I have also seen temporary invitations (using Cc)
for suggestions' authors to participate to the discussion.

BTW, do you really think that users have control of ISO ?! I think
I'll forward your opinion to our normalization group here at
Electricité de France, they are going to appreciate it ;-)

</Daniel>