[basic question] Getting the new XT to work

Subject: [basic question] Getting the new XT to work
From: Andrew Bunner <bunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 14:01:28 -0800
Hello all-

  I've decided it's time to start using the new XSL working draft so I'm
*attempting* to migrate to the new version of James Clark's XT.

  The other trick is that I also decided it would be smart to host the
style sheets and the XML documents on our web site instead of only on my
local machine. So, I'm switching versions and platforms (I *was* generating
stuff on my Win98 box, now I'm trying to use our Solaris web server)

  Here's the situation... java can't find com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver

  My home directory is... /www/MassQuantities/

  Within that I've got classes/ which has xt.jar and xp.jar. Do I also need
all those *.java files that come with the distribution (I figured that the
source code wasn't really important if I wasn't going to modify/extend it)

  I execute java -classpath /www/MassQuantities/classes/ -Dcom.jclark.xsl
.sax.parser=com.jclark.xml.sax.CommentDriver com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver
A.xml B.xsl C.html

  ...and I get back "Can't find class com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver"

  More background information...

> java -version
java version "1.1.3"
> which java
/usr/bin/java
> ls /usr/bin/ | grep java
java
java_g
javac
javadoc
javah
javakey
javald
javap

  The EXACT command that I do is this...

> java -classpath .:/www/MassQuantities/classes/
-Dcom.jclark.xsl.sax.parser.com
=com.jclark.xml.sax.CommentDriver com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver
/www/MassQuantities/
www/xml/Money_Back_Guarantee.xml
/www/MassQuantities/styles/standard-page.xsl /w
ww/MassQuantities/intershop/Templates/Money_Back_Guarantee.html
Can't find class com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver

  Here is a brief summary of which directories have which files...

/www/MassQuantities/www/xml has my xml files
/www/MassQuantities/www/styles has my xsl files
/www/MassQuantities/intershop/Templates is where I'm aiming to get my
result files.

  Thanks to any and all who can offer advice. I expect that this is an
easily solved problem stemming from my lack of java experience... if
anyone's interested, I can offer free bodybuilding supplements in return
for the answer :) http://www.massquantities.com/

-- Andrew

   Andrew Bunner
   President, Mass Quantities, Inc.
   bunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Professional Supplements for the Perfect Physique
   http://www.massquantities.com