Re: [basic question] Getting the new XT to work

Subject: Re: [basic question] Getting the new XT to work
From: Andrew Bunner <bunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 19:39:42 -0800
>I believe you should have -classpath point at the jar files
>themselves, for example: -d classpath /www/MassQuantities/classes/xt.jar

  Whoops! You're exactly right! Thanks for the tip. Now I have a new error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/Parser
        at com.jclark.xsl.sax.XMLProcessorImpl.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver.main(Compiled Code)

  The rough translation seems to be... "user doesn't understand basic use of
this program"

  The error comes from issuing this command...

java -classpath
.:/www/MassQuantities/classes/xt.jar:/www/MassQuantities/classes/xp.jar
com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver A.xml B.xsl C.html

  Since I'm using XT with XP, do I still need to set the
-Dcom.jclark.xsl.sax.parser=your-sax-driver variable on the command line? I
tried setting it to com.jclark.xml.sax.CommentDriver (which didn't work) and
then to com.jclark.xml.sax.Driver (which didn't work). I'm using the most
recent
version of XP... freshly downloaded.

  Any advice?

-- Andrew

   Andrew Bunner
   President, Mass Quantities, Inc.
   bunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Professional Supplements for the Perfect Physique
   http://www.massquantities.com