Re: XT extension mechanism

Subject: Re: XT extension mechanism
From: "Amit Rekhi" <amitr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 16:59:23 +0530
>I'm also thinking about supporting script directly, using something like
>this:
>
><xsl:script type="text/javascript">
[......other text....]

I just wanted to clear my thinking on the execution of <xsl:script>.
I'd be grateful if someone could help me do that.

* <xsl:script> is only a "compile time" script.  It will be executed by the
XSL
processor during transformation ONLY.
Am I right?

* It is not a "run-time" script like the way the HTML <SCRIPT> is.
In the sense that it cannot be invoked by a UI triggered event (onClick
etc.)
on an HTML element like the way it can be done in <SCRIPT>.
Am I correct?

* Since it is the responsibility of the XSL processor to render all template
output written using objects from the FO vocabulary,
can we expect the Formatting objects to have an associated event model
from which <xsl:script> functions could be invoked?

In this way <xsl:script>'s can be made run -time if all my template output
is constructed using FO's.

                                                         AMIT