Re: last of type problem

Subject: Re: last of type problem
From: Jarle Stabell <jarle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:38:04 +0100

James Clark wrote:

>Not in general.  Things are worse when the list is a result of sorting.
>We know about this problem and it's on our list of issues. It needs to
>be possible to do processing based on the position of the node not in
>the source tree but in the list of nodes being processed with
>xsl:for-each or xsl:apply-templates.

When I generate text with code, I have methods with arguments similar to
the following:

Before, Item, Separator, After

Where Before is the template/macro to invoke if the list is non-empty, Item
is what to do with each item in the list, Separator is what to do between
each Item, and After is processed if the list is non-empty (as Before).

I'd love to see something similar in XSL.

Cheers,
Jarle Stabell