RE: About the style processing instruction

Subject: RE: About the style processing instruction
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 17:31:22 -0500
Hi Chris,

<YourComment>
But what if I have some print and some on-line rules in the same
stylesheet?  Surely not unthinkable, since most properties will be the
same for both media.  This is why CSS provides the @media rules *in*
the stylesheet, and why XSL has an open issue about how best to
provide this functionality.

<Reply>
Yes right, the CSS2 specs include a provision name @media which is a good
idea but not applicable to XML nor SGML then it can not be as is with XSL
(XML based) and DSSSL (SGML based). However a similar provision should be
part of either DSSSL or XSL. The following thread is a reflexion about it
with the other list member fellow. Matthieu already made a good suggestion
on this. Of course the @media instruction is surely doemthing to look at but
also be adapted to both XSL and DSSSL. No?

<Your Comment>
 Don't re-invent the wheel.

<Reply>
Are you suggesting here that only W3 can specify things and us let only with
implementation? Is it a one way dialogue (if I can call that dialogue) with
institutions like we got 1000 years ago (or not so long ago)? I hope not.

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com