Pecision

Subject: Pecision
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:44:14 -0500
Hi,

According to xml specs and latest XSL specs, to produce SGML documents as
output from a XSL style: If the SGML entity has no open omitag, then the
begin end end tag could be inseted as is in a template, otherwise, if a SGML
element has only an open omitag (no ending tag) then the XSL interpreter
would consider this a a bad formed document and generate an error. Thus, to
include SGML elements having an open ended omitag I would need to enclode
the SGML element with: <![CDATA[<tbody> bla bla...]]>. <!ELEMENT tbody -o
etc... >

According to the note in section 2.2 of the XSL specs I can even produce
other text based output as long as it conform to a well formaed XML
document. Thus to create a Tex output document I would use CDATA again like
in the follwing example:

<xsl:template match="para">

<![CDATA[\def\sectionCM#1{\section{\usemenu{document-menu}{\sf\color{yellow}
#1}}}]]>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>

Do I interpret well the specs in their actual state?

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com