RE: Splitting XSL

Subject: RE: Splitting XSL
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 15:26:43 -0500
HI Oren,

<YourComment>
As of today, there'd be one DTD for XSL stylesheets, so we can verify the
input to an XSL processor. There was talk about being able to verify that a
given XSL stylesheet converts documents in one DTD into documents in
another. Suppose this is possible, at least in theory (BTW, is anyone
working on such a thing? It would be a lovely tool). To verify the canonical
use of XSL stylesheets - use within a full XSL processor as per the current
specs - you would _have_ to define a DTD for the 'fo' "vocabulary".
</YourComment>

<Reply>
Yes I am. I am trying to use XSL to make tranformation from a domain
language to an other (as long as the two domain languages are based on XML
or have a similar struture (i.e SGML without omitags) and that the two
languages cover the same domain. Obviously the two language would have a
different DTD. Actuals test are made on XUL and BML, RDF and ISO 13250 topic
maps. But its too soon to publish anything yet, I just started this
experiment.
</reply>

Regards
Didier PH Martin