Re: Venting

Subject: Re: Venting
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:16:28 +0000
Hi.

I'm not that interested in marginalia, and you obviously aren't but an
awful lot of designers out there are very concerned with it, and yes the
W3C is charged with addressing their needs as much as yours or mine.

Now there might well be alternate terminology and methodlogy that could be
used to express marginalia that would better fit a Web design paradigm, but
why should the print designer be forced to fit into our shoes. It also
warrant keeping in mind that when one considers the amount of books and
magazine published, print design represents a very large market whos needs
should not be ignored.

I'm not seeking the moral highground here, as my arguements where nigh on
the same as yours when I first considered XSL, and it was only after
listening to the expressed needs of designers in other fields that I
appreciated that XSL is intended to address far more than CSS.

XML is not just a browser technology, and neither is XSL.

Cheers
     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 02/12/99 03:00:00 AM