Re: CSS and XSL

Subject: Re: CSS and XSL
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 07:42:45 -0500
At 04:11 PM 2/12/99 -0600, Paul Prescod wrote:
>"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:
>>
>> At 11:30 AM 2/12/99 -0600, Paul Prescod wrote:
>> It's not too late to change CSS.  One proposal for doing so and making it
>> more XML-friendly was put forward in http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-XSL-and-CSS,
>> and certainly signaled a willingness to accomodate XML.  (No, it didn't
>> include breaking up the style attribute.)
>
>Yes it does.
>
><css:chunk display="block"
>            font-weight="bold"
>            margin-top="20px">
>
>Is what I like.

But (on my reading), css:chunk is only for use within a separate style
sheet, not within documents that apply style sheets.  It's a good move, and
maybe something that could be extended to style application within
documents, but I don't think it's there yet.

It'd be nice if it was, certainly.  That last piece of the cascade might be
more manageable and more amenable to those (myself included) who like
everything as atomized as possible.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (April)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com