RE: XSL and IE 5.0 : Nothin` works!

Subject: RE: XSL and IE 5.0 : Nothin` works!
From: "Livingstone, Stephen" <Livinsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:06:00 -0000
I think IE5 (b2) is pretty good for working with XML.

Not sure about your XSL, but the reason you can't view the XML doc is
'cause you have </i> followed by </i> and so it is not well-formed.

Try this....

	<doc>

	  <chapter1>
		<title>Chapter1</title>
		  <para>
		    Some text about chapter one.
		  </para>

	     <main_text>
		The <em>entire</em> story.
	     </main_text>
	  </chapter1>

	  <chapter2>
		<title>Chapter2</title>
		<anytag>AnyText</anytag>
	     <main_text>
		The <i>grand</i> finale bla. bla.
	     </main_text>

		<para>
		  Here the conclusion of the story.
		</para>
	   </chapter2>

	</doc>

Any joy??

PS. I have been working with XML Applications from Wrox press and I have
found this book to be everything i'd hoped.
Get that book - although. stuff is still changing out there, so you'll
need to keep looking around !

Hope that's some help.
Steven.

Steven Livingstone BSc MSc GradInstP
Corporate Systems Development (TCN)
Royal Bank Of Scotland.
> *: mailto:livinsb@xxxxxxxxxx
> *:  +44 0131 523 4354 [x24354]

Networking Technical Associates,
Glasgow, Scotland.
> *: mailto:ntw_uk@xxxxxxxxxxx
> *: +44 07771-957-280

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer..

'Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.'