Re: CSS/XML in IE5b2 - generated content (WAS: Re: CSS and XSL)

Subject: Re: CSS/XML in IE5b2 - generated content (WAS: Re: CSS and XSL)
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:58:52 +0000
Hi.

In IE5b2 you could use a behaviour.

Hmmm... maybe behaviours could give us flexible FOs... just a thought.

Cheers
     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 02/20/99 10:11:42 PM

To:   xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Guy Murphy/UK/MAID)

I've been experimenting with displaying XML in IE5b2 using both CSS and
XSL. Can someone confirm that IE5b2 does not support the CSS2 :before and
:after pseudo-classes, in particular the content property?
If it does not, shy of running the document through an XSL transformation
beforehand, does anyone have any brainstorms about how to display text in
the browser that does *not* appear in the source document?
[Apologies for the slightly off-topic question -- something Oren said in
one of his messages reminded me that I've been meaning to investigate it.]