RE: XSL Examples available

Subject: RE: XSL Examples available
From: regan@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:01:33 -0800
Beautiful.
One question though: in the sample (below) where you create the <BR>, unless
there is a trick I don't know about, it would be <BR/>. This is what I have
been generating, the problem with it is that Netscape Navigator doesn't know
what to do with <BR/> and Internet Explorer does.

-Regan

Task

Take Products in the list of new and updated products and generate a list
item that includes a link to the product using the
name of the product as the linking text and the category and ID of the
product to form to URL of the link. Also include the
version number of the product formatted as the CSS class "annotation"

[SNIP]

Output

      <UL>
        <LI><A HREF="/xsl/#xt">XT</A>
        <BR><SPAN CLASS="annotation">version: 19990115</SPAN></LI>
      </UL>

Template(s)

      <xsl:template match="NewUpdatedProduct">
        <UL><xsl:apply-templates/></UL>
      </xsl:template>

      <xsl:template match="NewUpdatedProduct/Product">
        <LI><A HREF="/{Category}/#{@ID}"><xsl:value-of select="Name"/></A>
        <BR/><SPAN CLASS="annotation">version: <xsl:value-of
select="Version"/></SPAN>
        </LI>