Re: servlet and xml

Subject: Re: servlet and xml
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:53:33 -0500
At 06:10 PM 3/24/99 +0530, Jayadeva Babu Gali wrote:
>I am trying to dynamically creating an XML document with the Java
>Servlet and i am trying to style that XML information to the
>browser(IE5) using the static xsl document in the same directory where
>the servlet is there when i am trying to execute that servlet it is
>giving error like this
>Access is denied. Error processing resource
>'file://c:\servlets\test.xsl'.
		...[java code]...
>       out.println("<?xml:stylesheet type=\"text/xsl\"
href=\"file:///c:/servlets/test.xsl\"?>");

I'm guessing, because I don't know from Java. But given that this is to run
as a servlet, *shouldn't* it be explicitly prevented from accessing a
resource on the local file system?

Wonder if you could get it to run by using a relative pathname rather than
an absolute one, e.g.:
	out.println("<?xml:stylesheet type=\"text/xsl\" href=\"test.xsl\"?>");

?