Re: How to get   using IE5?

Subject: Re: How to get   using IE5?
From: Duane Nickull <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 16:04:39 -0800
You only need to declare an entity inside a dtd if you are using a valid
document with an external dtd.  The easiest way is to make an entity
declaration in the top of your *.xml document.

min zheng wrote:

> In IE5, without support of  <xsl:text>, how can I get &nbsp; (or other
> entity references) in my result tree?
>

> 2. put "&amp;nbsp;":
> I got "&amp;nbsp;" but not "&nbsp;" (looks like the XML parser take &amp; as
> an entity but XSL tool take it as literal text).

That is becuase &amp; is one of four reserved entities that do not need
to be declared specifically to work.  The others are &lt; (less than <),
&gt; (greater than>) and I forgot the last one.

> 3. define an entity to get around XML parser:
>  I cann't because I don't have a DTD.

Duane Nickull