RE: Why Doesn't IE5 use the DTD to Validate?

Subject: RE: Why Doesn't IE5 use the DTD to Validate?
From: "Sall, Ken" <ksall@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:36:43 -0500
Thanks, Stephen.
I've added an example that illustrates your point that IE5 detects DTD
syntax errors.

http://members.home.com/kensall/tests/collection1bugsdtd.xml
http://members.home.com/kensall/tests/collection1bugs.dtd

However, if anyone from Microsoft can explain why IE5 doesn't actually use
the DTD to validate the document (the way that IE5 Beta 2 did), I'd
appreciate it. This problem will be published in an article shortly (in the
larger context of positive things you can do with IE5 with XML/XSL) and it
would be great to state correctly what Microsoft plans w.r.t. DTD
processing.

TIA
- Ken Sall                           ksall@xxxxxxx, kensall@xxxxxxxx
- Century Computing, Inc.            http://www.cen.com/