Re: XML on Gecko

Subject: Re: XML on Gecko
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:30:49 -0500
 Chris,

I don't fully understand what you mean. What do you mean from 'but then' on.

I expect that you are suggesting that I or anyone should use XSL on the
server or as a post-production then style the resultant XML using CSS, the
way that XSL is supposed to work as a whole but in two stages. That seems to
me to be a pretty good idea. I'll have to think about that. Until now, using
XT or IE5 has been pretty easy for HTML display of XML although 'cheap' and
undesirable for the long-term. I think I'll adopt the sort of process that I
think you are suggesting.  Thanks. Your approach is certainly nicer and
actually displaying XML. I've not played with the CSS side of IE5 much since
the release but I believe that it has trouble resolving entities. Is that
still the case because it is a feature I need or does XT do that on
transformation to resultant XML? I bet it does. Sounds good.

Richard.