Re: XML on Gecko

Subject: Re: XML on Gecko
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:53:23 -0500
 I've got a couple concerns about transforming my XML documents to more
appropriate XML documents for web display using CSS or XSL FOs, when
implemented.

Are these solutions correct? Are they implemented?

1. resolving links - use xml:link - <link xml:link="simple">content</link>

2. resolving tables - using CSS2 'display' values for the various components
of tables

3. resolving graphics - xml:link - <GRAPHIC xml:link="simple" show="embed"
file="somegraphic.gif"/> - how does the agent know that the value of file is
the graphic to show? Do I have to use 'href'?

4. resolving lists - using CSS 'display' values for lists

I can't think of any other concerns at the moment but maybe other XSL-ers
can.

Please excuse the CSS focus but since FOs are not possible at the moment, a
CSS target seems like a valid use of XSL.

Richard.