RE: do you use pi's?

Subject: RE: do you use pi's?
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 14:58:50 -0500
HI Mark
<YourComment>
This *really* felt like something that might be done with a PI, but
i've never used one before. But is there any point?
I find it really hard to arrive at a definitive criterion for what
should be in the instance, and what a PI (the example above is deliberately
sharp; others are harder). And using a PI means that the processor
(or processors, since there may be a stack) has to start treating
multiple types of nodes.

Comments? Does XML need PI's?
</YourComment>

<Reply>
This is question of philosophy but as its name implies PI are processing
instructions. This is instruction included in the document for the
interpreter. Thus, these instruction are not the document itself I mean here
not par of the document architecture but an add on to the document to
provide instruction to interpreter on what to do.
</reply>

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx