Son of snaking columns

Subject: Son of snaking columns
From: "Eric E. Cohen, CPA" <cybercpa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 06:58:43 -0400
Welcome to son of snaking columns.

So far I have not gotten any advice on how to fill out a document with snaking columns top to bottom ... but I found a tutorial on the Microsoft site - http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/xsl/tutorials/patterns-grid.asp - on placing items into a grid side-to-side. The interim results are added to mt baseball example at http://www.computercpa.com/xml2.html.

It uses the xsl:if element and context() method.

Can anyone help me with the use of the context method - my date is an attribute of the element "game", but I can't figure out how to access the date attribute for a context-driven node.

I have tried select="../game[@date][index() $gt$ context()!index()][0]"
I have tried select="../game[index() $gt$ context()!index()][0][@date]"
I even tried select="../@date[index() $gt$ context()!index()][0]"

Thanks.

Eric E. Cohen, CPA
Cohen Computer Consulting, Rochester, NY
Accountant's Home Page http://www.computercpa.com
XML for Accountants/CPUs for CPAs http://www.computercpa.com/xml2.html