RE: Xlink [Amaya demo]

Subject: RE: Xlink [Amaya demo]
From: "Sall, Ken" <ksall@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 13:44:00 -0400
Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> Not as far as I can tell.  Rumor has it that the W3C's Amaya
> does (simple
> links, anyway), though I haven't been able to make that work.

Here's a quick test that I just verified works:

1. Download an MathML example from Elliotte Rusty Harold's forthcoming XML
Bible book:

 http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/examples/02/2-2.html

2. Add simple link attribute syntax to any element, for example I've added
it to the m:mi element with content "F":
     <m:mi xml:link="simple" href="http://www.w3.org/";>F</m:mi>

3. Browse to the local file via Amaya.
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

4. Click on the "F" and be patient. (There is no visual indication of the
link by default and View|Show links doesn't seem to detect the link, but it
works.)

-Ken Sall, WDVL.com