Re: Xlink

Subject: Re: Xlink
From: Duane Nickull <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 12:05:45 -0700
> A more benign view of the deep freeze is that the current (admittedly
> aging, in Webtime) WD comes pretty close to the mark, and that the Working
> Group has been waiting for experimental implementations (like yours, and
> Hybrick) to point up the ways in which the spec is unworkable -- or
> workable but too difficult. (This would be aside from any holes in the spec
> that don't require *doing* XLink to be obvious, of course.)

Where does one display their pleasure/displeasure of how xlink handles
their "experimental implementations" so the working group can address
some very real problems we have uncovered??

> That said, I think I'm even more eager for XLink/XPointer to solidify than
> for XSL. Once you've tasted XLink's Chunky Monkey, it's hard to reconcile
> yourself to HTML's vanilla.

I agree - the spec I have seen makes sense.  Now if someone would just
sign off on it so we can all move ahead *sigh*.

Duane Nickull