Re: Python & XML

Subject: Re: Python & XML
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:09:04 -0400
	[I said]

Then at 10:06 AM 4/15/1999 +0200, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
>I've been using (and writing :) Python XML processing tools for about
>a year now and am very pleased with the combination of Python and XML.
>I don't do XML stuff in Java (or Perl for that matter) any more unless
>I absolutely have to.
>
>Since Python is so simple, using the tools is simple as well and when
>something is wrong you can usually read the source and sometimes even
>fix it.
	[etc.]

Yes -- I'm intrigued by all that Python seems capable of, and also by *who*
is using and promoting it. Very broad range of people from the
stereotypical technoid at one extreme to the philosopher at the other;
there doesn't seem to be a "typical Python user." (In that regard, too, it
recalls Lisp....)

How does Python's X*L-processing performance compare with Java's? (I
realize you've got a vested interest in reporting that it compares
favorably. ;)  And any word on the reportedly soon-to-be-available alpha
release of an XSL processor?

Thanks!