Re: Simple Conditionals

Subject: Re: Simple Conditionals
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:48:32 +0800
> In the following example you gave in response to ______?'s question,
> does the xsl spec make any distinction between double and single quotes
> like other languages?

The parts of XSL that use XML obviously don't make a distinction (as you
note). The parts of XSL that don't (like the pattern syntax) don't either.
*However* that hasn't been my experience using XT. (I'm not saying that XT
has a bug, though)

I haven't really tested it out but I found that I had problems using '
within a pattern (for tests) and got it working using " (and then using '
for the attribute value delimiter).

I've also had no problems using &quot; within patterns, which makes sense as
the application (like an XSL engine) would never see the entity reference,
the processor would just give it a ".

James