Re: Formatting Objects considered harmful

Subject: Re: Formatting Objects considered harmful
From: "Liam R. E. Quin" <liamquin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 20:00:29 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
>   1 there must be a specification for aural formatting objects
>   2 there must be implementations of aural formatting objects
>   3 the fact that the user has an aural client must be known to the server
>   4 all web sites must install XTL sheets to transform content into
>     aural formatting objects

I'm with you right up to No. 4, the fantasy part :-(

I am opposed to splitting XSL into two parts because I think Microsoft
will implement one part and Netscape the other.

I do understand your motivation, and I think it's a good and
important one.  I don't think we have an answer yet.

Lee

--
Liam Quin, GroveWare Inc., Toronto;  The barefoot programmer
http://www.interlog.com/~liamquin/     irc.sorcery.net:Ankh