Bugs?

Subject: Bugs?
From: "Edas Pazera" <edas@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 03:34:28 -0600
OK, someone tell me I am not crazy yet... :-)

I have tried all ways I could think of, but I still can't get a simple
function return the value of a child node.

It is my assumption--confirmed by OpenXML API documentation--that the
following line--

node.getChildNodes().item(0).getNodeValue()

would return "A" as defined in the XML code below--

<parent>
	<child1>A</child1>
	<childN>Z</childN>
</parent>

All I get is empty string!!!  I have no problem getting the name of the tag,
but not the value?!  What am I missing here?

On the side note, I have to admit that while slowly and painfully weeding my
way through servlets/xml/xsl, I am getting somewhere and am liking it a lot!
Great effort from respective developers...

- Edas