Re: Building a new tree

Subject: Re: Building a new tree
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:46:15 -0400 (EDT)
[Chris Lilley]
> OK. So, to be clear, it is legal to declare an attribute to be of
> type ID even though the external DTD subset may declare it to be
> something else? (Or may also declare it to be ID)

My reading of the spec is that the first declaration of an attribute
on an element type (i.e., the one in the internal subset in your
example) takes precedence, and that of the attribute declarations that
are effective for an element type, no more than one may be of type
ID.  That means, AFAICT, that you could have this in your external
subset:

<!ATTLIST foo
          bar ID    #IMPLIED
          baz CDATA #IMPLIED>