RE: Adobe/Sun FO grants

Subject: RE: Adobe/Sun FO grants
From: "Liam R. E. Quin" <liamquin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:27:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Didier PH Martin wrote:
> 90 000$ for both XSL PDF FO implementation and XSL implementation on Mozilla
> is not what I can call deep pockets.  [...]
>
> Also, to add FO (not PDF but usual one in the layout engine) require work in
> the layout engine, the DOM and the XSL engine. This is not cheap. At least
> in terms of time. Also, the layout engine is just finished to be remade as a
> component and several points of its architecture has been reworked.
>
> The RFP on April 1 looks more like an April's fool :-)

If I could be certain of getting the money, I'd probably consider doing
it, but last time I looked, it was closer to two years' work, even
if you could start with NGLayout.  Possibly I sould look again, but,
despite being out of work righ tnow :|, $90,000 isn't enough to tempt me.

Lee

--
Liam Quin, GroveWare Inc., Toronto;  The barefoot agitator
l i a m q u i n     at    i n t e r l o g    dot   c o m