How do I insert a result tree fragment into the result tree?

Subject: How do I insert a result tree fragment into the result tree?
From: Steve Dahl <sdahl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 16:30:11 -0400
Using the latest release of XT, if I have templates such as:

    <xsl:template name="test">
        <xsl:param-variable name="body"/>
        <xsl:value-of select="$body"/>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="/">
        <root>
            <xsl:call-template name="test">
                <xsl:param name="body">
                    <x>value of x</x>
                </xsl:param>
            </xsl:call-template>
        </root>
    </xsl:template>

...my result document looks like this:

    <root>value of x</root>

The <x> and </x> tags have been stripped out. That's not surprising,
given the definition of xsl:value-of, but I can't find an action in the
WD, other than xsl:value-of, that would let me insert the complete
result tree of the $body parameter into the template. Based on how
macros worked in the previous XSL draft, I thought something like this
might have worked:

    <xsl:contents name="body"/>

...but I can't find such a thing in the WD. Is there some way of using
the complete value of the parameter in the latest release?

--
- Steve Dahl
sdahl@xxxxxxxxxxx